Shock diagnosis for Paralympics star Elena Krawzow

 



Elena Krawzow won gold at the Paralympics in Tokyo.


October 18, 2021 - 12:08 p.m.

Terrible diagnosis

First gold, now the shock! Less than two months after her greatest success over the 100 meters chest at the Paralympics in Tokyo, swimmer Elena Krawzow shared bad news with her followers. A brain tumor was discovered in the 27-year-old - and unfortunately not a benign one either.

"This is really terrible for me"

Six weeks ago she was still celebrating her gold medal in Tokyo, but at home Elena Krawzow was shocked by a terrible diagnosis: the Paralympics winner from Berlin suffers from a brain tumor. "I would never have thought that a visit to the doctor would tear me out of my life," said the 27-year-old swimmer on her social media channels.

"I canceled all my appointments for the time being. It is really terrible for me to have been torn out of my life so suddenly," wrote the visually impaired athlete. "I've been plagued by headaches and dizziness since Tokyo." After many appointments on vacation, she wanted to clarify the cause. "On Friday evening I got an MRI with contrast agent and then it became quite clear that it was a tumor in the left upper hemisphere," said Elena Krawzow.

Now is the time to get married as soon as possible

A very private appointment should never be canceled. "My friend Phillip and I wanted to get married on November 12th. Now we're trying to get a spontaneous appointment in the next few days so that he can decide everything when the going gets tough," said Krawzow of "Bild am Sonntag".

Elena Krawzow won gold at the Paralympics in Tokyo.

Elena Krawzow won gold at the Paralympics in Tokyo.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post